Submissions and Guidelines for Authors
Statistics Teacher is a peer-reviewed statistics education online journal intended to inform and support K–12 teachers. ST supports the teaching and learning of statistics through education articles, lesson plans, announcements, professional development opportunities, technology, assessment, and classroom resources. Authors should use this form to submit articles or lesson plans.
Statistics Teacher Articles:
- Are targeted to teachers and teacher educators
- Display and discuss interesting statistical and statistical education concepts and ideas and showcase exemplary lesson plans
- Have a relaxed expository style
- Do not have abstracts
- Have sidebars for definitions and brief technical explanations
- Include articles with limited citations, but authors are encouraged to include a Further Reading section at the end of the article where additional references can be listed
- Rarely have footnotes
- Have creative and informative graphics, photographs, and tabular displays
- May link to online videos (please include YouTube or Vimeo links in your Word document)
- Are 6-15 double-spaced pages, including appendices and figures
- Follow the ASA Style Guide
Statistics Teacher Lesson Plans:
Please visit Statistics Education Web (STEW) for the lesson plan template and additional guidance.