The field of statistics is growing fast. Jobs are plentiful,opportunities are exciting, and salaries are high. So what’s keeping more kids from entering the field?
Many just don’t know about statistics. But the ASA is working to change that, and here’s how you can help:
- Send your students to www.ThisIsStatistics.org and use its resources in your classroom. It’s all about the profession of statistics.
- Download a handout for your students about careers in statistics.
Site features include the following:
- Videos of young statisticians passionate about their work
- A myth-busting quiz about statistics
- Photos of cool careers in statistics, like a NASA biostatistician and a wildlife statistician
- Colorful graphics displaying salary and job growth data
- A blog about jobs in statistics and data science
- An interactive map of places that employ statisticians in the United States